Tennis has quickly become one of the more popular and trending sports to bet on owing to increased media exposure and broader coverage in general. With televised international and local tennis tournament, people are willing to pay expensive tickets and watch live games. More than that, tennis betting has become an increasingly popular pastime.
The best tennis betting sites out there today run comprehensive odds, great in-play features, and more, to make your experience smooth and profitable, and your wagers – a guaranteed success. Of course, just like with any other activity, practice and knowledge makes perfect. To be successful when betting on tennis, you will need experience to make your bets yield a good profit margin.
Thankfully, there are is number of sites where you can place your tennis bets and expect quick and smooth payouts. Today we cover those same sites that offer safe betting environment. Check the list of the top 5 tennis betting sites we have prepared for you to always make the best of your wagers.
Use the links below to jump to the section you are interested in:
- Top Tennis Betting Sites
- Four Steps to Start Betting on Tennis
- Top Offshore Tennis Sites
- Types of Tennis Bets
- Tennis Betting Odds & Lines
- Live Betting on Tennis
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Tennis Betting Tips
- Tennis Leagues to Bet On
Here are our top online sports betting sites for tennis:
Top Tennis Betting Sites
- Very generous bonus payment system
- Bonus codes for every major event
- Mobile compatible and accessible
Four Steps to Start Betting on Tennis
If you are only starting betting on tennis, it may be a little confusing at first. Which websites do you trust and how do you even get to the point where you are placing safe wagers? We have prepared a very quick four-step tennis betting guide for your convenience. In it, you will step on a quick journey to discovery and be able to finally make your own tennis wagers at the end of the day. Here is our brief tennis betting guide explained:
- You need to start from the beginning – finding the best tennis betting sites, or just pick directly from one of our top 5 recommended sportsbooks. Not all tennis betting sites put your safety first, but this is why we are here to teach you to tell the good ones from the bad. Your top priority must be finding a bookmaker that has great reputation, offers a decent variety of tournaments and events, and offers a cool bonus to start you off with.
- Once you find the right bookmaker for you, the next step is signing up for an account. With most online sportsbooks that we have experienced, signing up has been a smooth process. In most cases, it is simply filling out a form with basic information such as name, address, phone number. Providing truthful information at this point is important, because online tennis betting sites – at least the good ones – need to verify that you are not a minor making wagers.
- Funding your account is next on the list. To participate in tennis betting, you would need to charge your account via one of the many options available, such as credit card, bank check, e-wallet, wire transfer, or event Bitcoin. Bitcoin has made deposits simple and expedient, allowing many sites to provide you with the best tennis payouts, not only courtesy to great tennis betting odds, but also the ability to honor payouts in the manner of minutes.
- Step four is the moment when you place your actual bet. All online gambling sites have an intuitive user interface, so you just need to click on the player you want to back and place the desired amount. In tennis betting, you almost exclusively have to pick a winner – either out of a game or tournament.
Top Offshore Tennis Sites
We can’t put enough emphasis on the importance of finding the right online sportsbook before you start betting on tennis. As we said earlier, there are hundreds of sportsbooks out there, but probably as few as a few dozen are worth your while.
While choices will appear tempting, it takes a really good online tennis betting site to honor big payouts and deliver your money in a jiff. This is where we step in to provide you with a list of sportsbooks that have repeatedly proven their customer-focused approach and loyalty to the bettor. Tennis betting is already a bit of a challenge, so why not spend our times pondering odds in the company of a good bookie?
Below, we will list our top four online sportsbooks for betting on tennis. There are many other sportsbooks that we recommend for other sports but for strictly betting on football, we find that these are the best!
BetOnline’s offer is very diverse, starting with pre-match odds, plenty of in-play options, and up to exciting specials. Like every significant brand, they cover all the notable tournaments, including all four Slams, all the Masters, and various other challengers.
In-play works well and has a decent range of markets with good odds. BetOnline offers live streaming services, which is incredibly important for this type of betting.
The re-bet option after 61 seconds is something all the high-rollers need to know. Various sportsbooks have limitations, but not BetOnline. This is a feature all those who lay big-time bets need to know.
High bonuses are a major plus, but there’s a catch here, with the rollovers being extremely harsh sometimes. It is one of the reasons why BetOnline has the best welcome rewards of all.
- Plus: Re-Bet option
- Minus: Harsh rollover requirements for bonuses
Jazz’s sportsbook may not offer live betting, but their pre-match options remain solid. You can place bets on sets, games, and handicaps with incredibly competitive odds. Additionally, major matches come with a diverse range of prop bets, adding to the excitement.
While the betting experience on their web platform could be slightly faster, the overall quality is still at a respective level.
Casual bettors might feel discouraged due to the $50 minimum deposit requirement, which is a bit high. Additionally, they only allow withdrawals through P2P or cryptocurrencies, limiting payment options for some users.
On the positive side, Jazz consistently provides different bonuses each day, though it is important to note they aren’t always linked with the tennis or sportsbook part of the website.
- Plus: Variety of bonuses
- Minus: Lack of in-play betting and high sum for minimum deposits
With a decade of experience in the industry, MyBookie presents an extensive number of markets for the four Grand Slam events: the Australian Open, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and the US Open.
MyBookie has you covered regardless of your preferences, betting style, and other needs. Their odds are very good whether you bet on full-time results, spreads, totals, etc.
What we didn’t find here are some less popular tournaments. They are focused solely on majors, including Masters, or some WTA/ATP 500 or 250 where there are some notable names. Also, being a regular customer and a visitor won’t earn you any loyalty benefits.
- Plus: Futures for Grand Slams are active all year
- Minus: No loyalty rewards
This brand has been present for the past 20 years, surviving all sorts of challenges and periods. That’s testimony to their quality and dedicated work and the reason SportsBetting.ag is one of the most famous tennis betting sportsbooks.
You can find all sorts of markets here for notable tournaments like Grand Slams, Davis Cup, and some lower-level contests. Each event has a diverse offer for the bettors, which includes all the standard and necessary features, like spread, margin, money line, etc.
We will stop here and say just one impression of ours. Even though the old version of the website might be less flashy and more traditional, it’s much easier to navigate through it than the new version.
Their welcome bonus is 50% of the initial deposit up to $1000, but the fees for deposits are known to be high.
- Plus: Competitive betting odds
- Minus: No live streaming services for tennis betting
BetUS is a reliable platform for online tennis betting and one of the best in business. This company earned such a status because of its impeccable history and the quality of services.
Their tennis betting offer consists of various markets and tournaments. The website and app are fast and reliable, perfect for in-play betting. BetUS focuses on this type of betting a lot and is a bit better than the rest of the competition.
The bonuses this sportsbook offers are great, especially for crypto deposits, and go to 200%, 150% for sports betting, and 50% for casino. If you want to bet only on sports, including tennis, there is a 100% crypt bonus up to $2500. Unfortunately, there aren’t such high bonuses for players not depositing crypto.
- Plus: Excellent in-play betting conditions
- Minus: The disparity between crypto and other bonuses
Bovada is one of the top tennis betting websites. Apart from all the basic stuff, like money lines, spreads, totals, and everything that goes with that, tennis bettors can find plenty more to bet on.
For those who love to bet on some unreal stuff, there is a #whatsyawager feature. In short, you type this phrase and ask for the odds on some bet you came up with. For example, Djokovic to have more than five backhand winners in one match. Pretty cool, wouldn’t you say?
The sign-up bonus is good, especially for crypto, where you have 75% of the deposit or up to $750. However, the promotions aren’t following everything else, and that’s the biggest flaw of the website. Also, we don’t like favoring crypto deposits over the traditional ones.
- Plus: Whatsyawager feature
- Minus: Lower bonuses for traditional deposits compared to crypto ones
Our experience with this brand is nothing but fantastic. It’s the ultimate destination for every tennis bettor. Bookmaker.eu offers many ATP and WTA tournaments, starting with Grand Slams and going down to challengers.
This sportsbook releases the odds far ahead of the competition and has enough matches covered to satisfy even the biggest tennis fans. The markets for every event are very well distributed, with competitive odds.
A user-friendly platform ensures accessibility for both novices and casual visitors, which is another major plus. The popularity of tennis among ordinary bettors is rapidly increasing, so we have plenty of newcomers who need some time to adjust and learn everything.
The only downside is the lack of volume with welcome bonuses. Otherwise, they would be perfect.
- Plus: Odds are released much earlier than other sportsbooks
- Minus: Lower welcome bonuses compared to other rivals on the market
Their tennis betting lines are excellent, presenting a collection of props that will surely leave any bettor satisfied. Moreover, the odds provided by XBet are competitive and among the best in the industry, ensuring that their customers receive the best possible value for their wagers.
They offer a comprehensive selection of ATP markets throughout the year, covering everything from Grand Slams and Masters 1000 series events to some pretty exotic tournaments that some of you never heard of. XBet’s welcome bonuses could be better and go up to $500, which is nothing special compared to other sportsbooks on the market. However, they do have a plethora of options for crypto deposits, which could be helpful to some of the bettors.
- Plus: Wide range of tournaments
- Minus: Small sign-up bonus
EveryGame offers a variety of betting markets for all the important games and tournaments. The coverage is pretty detailed, and you won’t find anything unclear while surfing through an exceptionally responsive but sometimes confusing website. In certain situations, the interface is overcrowded.
The in-play betting offers are extensive, with all the top games at the current tournaments available. EveryGame won’t bother the visitor with obscure offers and odds, and only the top ones are on the menu.
Grand Slam futures are available throughout the entire year, with the odds on the same constantly updated. This sportsbook takes pride in covering Grand Slams more thoroughly than the competition.
- Plus: Grand Slam coverage, with all the futures
- Minus: Occasionally, the interface can be incoherent
Types of Tennis Bets
There are several different ways to bet on tennis. Some people enjoy playing the overall tournament and some people prefer playing on a daily basis. With online sportsbooks, you will have the options to bet numerous different ways, landing an extra edge to your tennis betting game. The wagers that are the most popular today include:
- Match Winner – Betting on the match winner is one of the most common forms of betting for tennis. Match winner is simply picking who you think will win a specific game.
- Handicap Wager – A handicap wager is playing a tennis player plus or minus their handicap.
- Set Wagers – A set wager is where a bettor places a wager on the exact outcome of the match, by the number of sets played.
- Tournament Winners – This is the tennis player that you feel will win the overall tournament with the return usually being based on a specific odds.
- Parlay Wagers – A parlay wager is a combination of 2 or more tennis wagers with a stronger return on investment than playing flat wagers.
- Live Bets – Live or in-play bets are placed during a game and they focus on short-term objectives, such as scoring the next three points or winning the set.
Tennis Betting Odds & Lines
In most situations, the odds and lines for tennis betting are released right around the same time that the first round match-ups are released. The odds are usually based on the tennis player’s previous performance, compared to his or her positioning within the tournament bracket. Tennis odds can range anywhere from very small favorites being -5000 to a long-shot player being +10000!
While odds for individual games become known at around the same time match-ups are determined, future bets are available in advance. For the US Open Men 2019, Intertops offered some interesting future bets or to “win outright” pricing Rafael Nadal -333, Daniil Medvedev +500, Grigor Dimitrov +700, and Matteo Berrettini +1800 as the underdog. Novak Djokovic had to leave the 2019 event after he retired during a game against Stan Wawrinka due to shoulder injury.
Djokovic’s injury is indicative of how favorites may crumble and even fall out of any competition. Therefore, to make informed decisions you need to always be in the know. The Serbian had been complaining of shoulder pain for a while before he actually had to leave the event. A savvy bettor would have known to perhaps not pin too much hope on Djokovic on that particular occasion.
Live Betting on Tennis
A new aspect of wagering, and surely to be one of your favorites, is live betting or in-play tennis betting. It’s exactly what it sounds like. You basically wager on a game that is in progress.
This betting option works out great for those times when a tennis player is a slow starter but gains some momentum. Their odds will gradually change over the course of the match and those odds can be very beneficial to your bankroll. Our top online tennis betting sites to offer in-play wagers include Bovada, Intertops, MyBookie, and of course GTBets. Xbet and BetOnline also offer comprehensive options, so don’t hesitate to double-check with them for the best value odds you can get on a tennis game!
Tennis Betting Strategy
With any sport that you wager on, learning how to place your bets according to a strategy is your proven way for long-term success. Bad beats do happen and not all of your tennis betting efforts will be rewarded. However, as long as you keep your eyes on the long-term objective, results will follow. We have studied the game carefully and devised tennis betting strategies to help you stay on top of your game:
- Play the Surface – Make sure the first thing you do with each tennis wager is to check the surface that the match is being played on. Some tennis players are great on grass but terrible on clay. Some tennis players are great on clay but terrible on hard surface courts. It’s just the circle of tennis life. Rafael Nadal is the king of clay, so betting against him on this surface would probably not be wise.
- Check Recent Form – The second strategy to be aware of is to consider the form. Djokovic has a delightful personality and a nearly-unrivalled ability to play. Yet, his form – due to injury – could be compromised as the 2019 event showed. Meanwhile, players will either lose or win most of the time. There are several factors that go into why a tennis player is either winning or losing and it is highly suggested that you stay away from those players during this time.
- Money Management – This probably should be the top strategy as managing your money and bankroll is the most important factor if you want to have a long-term success. We recommend that you decide a number that you are happy with spending on tennis betting and only use that amount of money each week or month to wager. The possible returns on your betting activities could be as little as 5% and up to 35%. In theory, if you had $3,000 to wager on tennis, you might bring yourself back $1050 in net winnings. However, there are many moving parts in this, so don’t pin your hopes too high at first.
3 Advanced Tennis Betting Tips
Now that we have discussed some basic strategies, let’s take a look at some more in-depth tennis betting strategy options to help increase your winning percentages.
- Watch for Schedule Conflicts – OK, let’s first address the pink elephant in the room. There are times when top players have a much larger tournament on the horizon and their travel times must be sort of crammed into a small window so they can fit everything in that limited window. There are times, when these large favorites sort of play just to play and aren’t concerned with winning a small tournament because they have their sights set on the larger tournament the following week. Therefore, be sure to check those BIG favorites when there is a larger tournament up next!
- Avoid Head-To-Head Matchup Bias – When you read most websites, they will give you head-to-head matchups between two tennis players, but they go back as far as they can find. Some players may have 8 years under their belt and what happened 6 years really has no bearing in what will happen this year. What we recommend is looking at the past 2-3 years ONLY. Anything further than 3 years is really stretching it and may not be relevant today.
- Watch Out for Those Lefties – Playing tennis is sort of routine. The principles remain the same but what makes things difficult is when a tennis pro is not used to playing against lefties and is returning the ball from a different angle. Some players are simply not good against lefties. Use that to your advantage and place the correct tennis bets when you think a left-handed player also has the skill to defeat a favorite.
Tennis Betting Picks
Tennis has quickly become one of the more popular sports to bet on and there has been a recent push for expert tipsters. You should use caution with your selection of a tipping service – or even simply following another person’s advice. While tennis betting can be improved by having an expert advising you, the best way to understand and profit from tennis wagers is to study the game in-depth for yourself.
A quick and easy way to place wagers on tennis is through the use of a mobile device. Mobile betting is all the rage these days, as it allows you to quickly flick through odds, lines, and spot the next value tennis betting opportunity. Want to get even more bang for your buck? Keeping abreast with the latest betting opportunities is one of the surest ways to do so.
While you won’t find too many tennis betting apps around, all sportsbooks today make their platforms accessible via handheld devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
The sport of tennis is pretty much a year-round activity that is available to be played at any time throughout the year. This allows us the ability to bet on tennis all year long. Tennis can be played indoors, in harsh climates, and outdoors in pleasant weather climates.
And you can rest assured that the best online tennis betting sites make their best to cover every significant event -big or small, international or local.
Tennis Leagues to Bet On
Tennis truly doesn’t have a league per se, but the game has many different circuits where the world’s elite participates in. There are men’s and women’s tournaments that tennis pros play in all around the world. The most popular circuits include:
- The ITF
- ATP World Tour
- WTA Tour
- The ATP Challenger Tour
All of these events tournaments are strategically spread out in various countries and played at various times in the year.
Biggest Events to Bet On
There are many large scale tournaments around the world but the top tennis betting events are the Grand Slam Tournaments. The Grand Slam Tournaments consist of four tournaments that have all been around over 100 years!
- The first Grand Slam Tournament of the year is the Australian Open. The Australian Open is played in the month of January in beautiful Melbourne, Australia. The Australian Open is a hard surface court and was established in 1905!
- The second Grand Slam of the year is the French Open. The French Open is played between May and June each year on a clay court and has been around since 1891!
- The third Grand Slam is the Wimbledon, which is played between June and July and is played on a grass court in London, England.
- The final Grand Slam is the US Open, which takes place between August and September in New York City, on a indoor court with a hard surface.
Of course, events aren’t everything. If you choose to follow the biggest names in tennis, to wit Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Thiem, Medvedev, Zverev, and quite a few others in fact. Tennis betting is all about knowing the game – and knowing where to place a wager, of course.