Tennis has quickly become one of the more popular and trending sports to bet on owing to increased media exposure and broader coverage in general. With televised international and local tennis tournament, people are willing to pay expensive tickets and watch live games. More than that, tennis betting has become an increasingly popular pastime.
The best tennis betting sites out there today run comprehensive odds, great in-play features, and more, to make your experience smooth and profitable, and your wagers – a guaranteed success. Of course, just like with any other activity, practice and knowledge makes perfect. To be successful when betting on tennis, you will need experience to make your bets yield a good profit margin.
Thankfully, there are is number of sites where you can place your tennis bets and expect quick and smooth payouts. Today we cover those same sites that offer safe betting environment. Check the list of the top 5 tennis betting sites we have prepared for you to always make the best of your wagers.
Here are our top online sports betting sites for tennis:
Top Tennis Betting Sites
- Very generous bonus payment system
- Bonus codes for every major event
- Mobile compatible and accessible
- 1 Top Tennis Betting Sites
- 2 BetOnline
- 3 Bovada
- 4 SportsBetting.ag
- 5 BetUS
- 6 Four Steps to Start Betting on Tennis
- 7 Top Offshore Tennis Sites
- 8 Types of Tennis Bets
- 9 Tennis Betting Odds & Lines
- 10 Live Betting on Tennis
- 11 Tennis Betting Strategy
- 12 3 Advanced Tennis Betting Tips
- 13 Tennis Betting Picks
- 14 Mobile Betting
- 15 The Season
- 16 Tennis Leagues to Bet On
- 17 Biggest Events to Bet On
Four Steps to Start Betting on Tennis
If you are only starting betting on tennis, it may be a little confusing at first. Which websites do you trust and how do you even get to the point where you are placing safe wagers? We have prepared a very quick four-step tennis betting guide for your convenience. In it, you will step on a quick journey to discovery and be able to finally make your own tennis wagers at the end of the day. Here is our brief tennis betting guide explained:
- You need to start from the beginning – finding the best tennis betting sites, or just pick directly from one of our top 5 recommended sportsbooks. Not all tennis betting sites put your safety first, but this is why we are here to teach you to tell the good ones from the bad. Your top priority must be finding a bookmaker that has great reputation, offers a decent variety of tournaments and events, and offers a cool bonus to start you off with.
- Once you find the right bookmaker for you, the next step is signing up for an account. With most online sportsbooks that we have experienced, signing up has been a smooth process. In most cases, it is simply filling out a form with basic information such as name, address, phone number. Providing truthful information at this point is important, because online tennis betting sites – at least the good ones – need to verify that you are not a minor making wagers.
- Funding your account is next on the list. To participate in tennis betting, you would need to charge your account via one of the many options available, such as credit card, bank check, e-wallet, wire transfer, or event Bitcoin. Bitcoin has made deposits simple and expedient, allowing many sites to provide you with the best tennis payouts, not only courtesy to great tennis betting odds, but also the ability to honor payouts in the manner of minutes.
- Step four is the moment when you place your actual bet. All online gambling sites have an intuitive user interface, so you just need to click on the player you want to back and place the desired amount. In tennis betting, you almost exclusively have to pick a winner – either out of a game or tournament.
Top Offshore Tennis Sites
We can’t put enough emphasis on the importance of finding the right online sportsbook before you start betting on tennis. As we said earlier, there are hundreds of sportsbooks out there, but probably as few as a few dozen are worth your while.
While choices will appear tempting, it takes a really good online tennis betting site to honor big payouts and deliver your money in a jiff. This is where we step in to provide you with a list of sportsbooks that have repeatedly proven their customer-focused approach and loyalty to the bettor. Tennis betting is already a bit of a challenge, so why not spend our times pondering odds in the company of a good bookie?
Below, we will list our top four online sportsbooks for betting on tennis. There are many other sportsbooks that we recommend for other sports but for strictly betting on football, we find that these are the best!
- Bovada – One of our favorite online sportsbooks to wager on tennis is Bovada. Bovada offers many different options for the sport and don’t limit you to only playing winners. At Bovada, you can play moneyline wagers, parlays, totals and much more making it one of the top tennis sportsbooks to play at. Plus, they cover an extensive range of events, including the APT Tour, Challenger, ITF Men & Women, WTA Tour, and others. Oh, and in case you want to bet live on tennis, Bovada has an in-play option as well.
- MyBookie – MyBookie makes placing a wager delightfully simple. This tennis bookie allows you to simply click on the box which represents the outcome you want to back and enter your amount. And just like this, your tennis wager has been made. Get a comprehensive overview of cool odds, such as U.S. Open Men & Women, Singles and Doubles, and more.
- GTBets – GTBets is our third excellent choice of a great tennis betting site online. With a quick and focused navigation, you will find the tennis wagers you need right away. You can pick from all available tennis markets, and at the time of reviewing those were ATP and WTA. GTBets also cleverly uses a “Today’s Games” option to always be up to date.
- Intertops – Intertops has been around for over 20 years and their reliability is second to none. The sportsbook features different tennis matches and offers betting opportunities on various events, including the ATP US Open and WTA US Open across all categories, i.e. men, women, singles and doubles.
Types of Tennis Bets
There are several different ways to bet on tennis. Some people enjoy playing the overall tournament and some people prefer playing on a daily basis. With online sportsbooks, you will have the options to bet numerous different ways, landing an extra edge to your tennis betting game. The wagers that are the most popular today include:
- Match Winner – Betting on the match winner is one of the most common forms of betting for tennis. Match winner is simply picking who you think will win a specific game.
- Handicap Wager – A handicap wager is playing a tennis player plus or minus their handicap.
- Set Wagers – A set wager is where a bettor places a wager on the exact outcome of the match, by the number of sets played.
- Tournament Winners – This is the tennis player that you feel will win the overall tournament with the return usually being based on a specific odds.
- Parlay Wagers – A parlay wager is a combination of 2 or more tennis wagers with a stronger return on investment than playing flat wagers.
- Live Bets – Live or in-play bets are placed during a game and they focus on short-term objectives, such as scoring the next three points or winning the set.
Tennis Betting Odds & Lines
In most situations, the odds and lines for tennis betting are released right around the same time that the first round match-ups are released. The odds are usually based on the tennis player’s previous performance, compared to his or her positioning within the tournament bracket. Tennis odds can range anywhere from very small favorites being -5000 to a long-shot player being +10000!
While odds for individual games become known at around the same time match-ups are determined, future bets are available in advance. For the US Open Men 2019, Intertops offered some interesting future bets or to “win outright” pricing Rafael Nadal -333, Daniil Medvedev +500, Grigor Dimitrov +700, and Matteo Berrettini +1800 as the underdog. Novak Djokovic had to leave the 2019 event after he retired during a game against Stan Wawrinka due to shoulder injury.
Djokovic’s injury is indicative of how favorites may crumble and even fall out of any competition. Therefore, to make informed decisions you need to always be in the know. The Serbian had been complaining of shoulder pain for a while before he actually had to leave the event. A savvy bettor would have known to perhaps not pin too much hope on Djokovic on that particular occasion.
Live Betting on Tennis
A new aspect of wagering, and surely to be one of your favorites, is live betting or in-play tennis betting. It’s exactly what it sounds like. You basically wager on a game that is in progress.
This betting option works out great for those times when a tennis player is a slow starter but gains some momentum. Their odds will gradually change over the course of the match and those odds can be very beneficial to your bankroll. Our top online tennis betting sites to offer in-play wagers include Bovada, Intertops, MyBookie, and of course GTBets. Xbet and BetOnline also offer comprehensive options, so don’t hesitate to double-check with them for the best value odds you can get on a tennis game!
Tennis Betting Strategy
With any sport that you wager on, learning how to place your bets according to a strategy is your proven way for long-term success. Bad beats do happen and not all of your tennis betting efforts will be rewarded. However, as long as you keep your eyes on the long-term objective, results will follow. We have studied the game carefully and devised tennis betting strategies to help you stay on top of your game:
- Play the Surface – Make sure the first thing you do with each tennis wager is to check the surface that the match is being played on. Some tennis players are great on grass but terrible on clay. Some tennis players are great on clay but terrible on hard surface courts. It’s just the circle of tennis life. Rafael Nadal is the king of clay, so betting against him on this surface would probably not be wise.
- Check Recent Form – The second strategy to be aware of is to consider the form. Djokovic has a delightful personality and a nearly-unrivalled ability to play. Yet, his form – due to injury – could be compromised as the 2019 event showed. Meanwhile, players will either lose or win most of the time. There are several factors that go into why a tennis player is either winning or losing and it is highly suggested that you stay away from those players during this time.
- Money Management – This probably should be the top strategy as managing your money and bankroll is the most important factor if you want to have a long-term success. We recommend that you decide a number that you are happy with spending on tennis betting and only use that amount of money each week or month to wager. The possible returns on your betting activities could be as little as 5% and up to 35%. In theory, if you had $3,000 to wager on tennis, you might bring yourself back $1050 in net winnings. However, there are many moving parts in this, so don’t pin your hopes too high at first.
3 Advanced Tennis Betting Tips
Now that we have discussed some basic strategies, let’s take a look at some more in-depth tennis betting strategy options to help increase your winning percentages.
- Watch for Schedule Conflicts – OK, let’s first address the pink elephant in the room. There are times when top players have a much larger tournament on the horizon and their travel times must be sort of crammed into a small window so they can fit everything in that limited window. There are times, when these large favorites sort of play just to play and aren’t concerned with winning a small tournament because they have their sights set on the larger tournament the following week. Therefore, be sure to check those BIG favorites when there is a larger tournament up next!
- Avoid Head-To-Head Matchup Bias – When you read most websites, they will give you head-to-head matchups between two tennis players, but they go back as far as they can find. Some players may have 8 years under their belt and what happened 6 years really has no bearing in what will happen this year. What we recommend is looking at the past 2-3 years ONLY. Anything further than 3 years is really stretching it and may not be relevant today.
- Watch Out for Those Lefties – Playing tennis is sort of routine. The principles remain the same but what makes things difficult is when a tennis pro is not used to playing against lefties and is returning the ball from a different angle. Some players are simply not good against lefties. Use that to your advantage and place the correct tennis bets when you think a left-handed player also has the skill to defeat a favorite.
Tennis Betting Picks
Tennis has quickly become one of the more popular sports to bet on and there has been a recent push for expert tipsters. You should use caution with your selection of a tipping service – or even simply following another person’s advice. While tennis betting can be improved by having an expert advising you, the best way to understand and profit from tennis wagers is to study the game in-depth for yourself.
A quick and easy way to place wagers on tennis is through the use of a mobile device. Mobile betting is all the rage these days, as it allows you to quickly flick through odds, lines, and spot the next value tennis betting opportunity. Want to get even more bang for your buck? Keeping abreast with the latest betting opportunities is one of the surest ways to do so.
While you won’t find too many tennis betting apps around, all sportsbooks today make their platforms accessible via handheld devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
The sport of tennis is pretty much a year-round activity that is available to be played at any time throughout the year. This allows us the ability to bet on tennis all year long. Tennis can be played indoors, in harsh climates, and outdoors in pleasant weather climates.
And you can rest assured that the best online tennis betting sites make their best to cover every significant event -big or small, international or local.
Tennis Leagues to Bet On
Tennis truly doesn’t have a league per se, but the game has many different circuits where the world’s elite participates in. There are men’s and women’s tournaments that tennis pros play in all around the world. The most popular circuits include the ITF, ATP World Tour, WTA Tour and the ATP Challenger Tour. All of these events tournaments are strategically spread out in various countries and played at various times in the year.
Biggest Events to Bet On
There are many large scale tournaments around the world but the top tennis betting events are the Grand Slam Tournaments. The Grand Slam Tournaments consist of four tournaments that have all been around over 100 years!
- The first Grand Slam Tournament of the year is the Australian Open. The Australian Open is played in the month of January in beautiful Melbourne, Australia. The Australian Open is a hard surface court and was established in 1905!
- The second Grand Slam of the year is the French Open. The French Open is played between May and June each year on a clay court and has been around since 1891!
- The third Grand Slam is the Wimbledon, which is played between June and July and is played on a grass court in London, England.
- The final Grand Slam is the US Open, which takes place between August and September in New York City, on a indoor court with a hard surface.
Of course, events aren’t everything. If you choose to follow the biggest names in tennis, to wit Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Thiem, Medvedev, Zverev, and quite a few others in fact. Tennis betting is all about knowing the game – and knowing where to place a wager, of course.