Motor Racing betting has grown in popularity over the last few years with many of the online sportsbooks now offering various options for betting races. Motor Racing, such as NASCAR and Formula 1 Races, have been around since the 1950’s and up until recently, betting on a race was relatively unheard of. Those days have changed and now, you can bet on most races each weekend!
When it comes to motor racing sportsbooks, not all are equal and our in-house racing fanatics have carefully picked and reviewed the best sportsbooks when it comes to betting on races and the features unique to Motor Racing.
These Motor Racing betting sites have consistently proved to perform the best in our reports:
Top 3 Motor Racing Betting Sites
- Very generous bonus payment system
- Bonus codes for every major event
- Mobile compatible and accessible
- 1 Top 3 Motor Racing Betting Sites
- 2 BetOnline
- 3 SportsBetting.ag
- 4 Intertops
- 5 Four Steps to Start Betting on Motor Racing
- 6 Top Offshore Motor Racing Sites
- 7 Types of Motor Racing Bets
- 8 Motor Racing Betting Odds & Lines
- 9 Live Betting on Motor Racing
- 10 Motor Racing Betting Strategy
- 11 3 Advanced Motor Racing Betting Tips
- 12 Motor Racing Betting Picks
- 13 Mobile Betting
- 14 Motor Racing Leagues to Bet On
- 15 The Season
- 16 Biggest Events to Bet On
Four Steps to Start Betting on Motor Racing
The first step before you start betting on motor racing is choosing a great sportsbook. Now, finding a sportsbook is easy, but finding one that specifically focuses on motor racing and offers decent betting markets is a different story altogether.
Betting on motor racing is fairly new and has only been an established practice for the past 10 or so years. Yet, there are many great motor racing betting websites that will provide you with a broad coverage of events, decent odds, and reliable payout options. Therefore, you should definitely not make a compromise when looking for the right sportsbook for yourself.
Once you have found a reliable online sportsbook, the next thing to do is sign up. Opening an account is easy as long as you provide truthful information about your full legal name, date of birth, residential information. You will also need to choose a logon name and a password. Most times, signing up for an account takes only a few minutes. Once again, providing verifiable information is important to be able to withdraw from the sportsbook later on.
After you have signed up, you will need to make a deposit. Funding an account is very simple. You will be prompted to deposit funds right after you have completed your registration. Alternatively, you can just go to the Cashier section and do the exact same thing from there. You will be able to choose from your preferred depositing method, whether this is a bank card, an eWallet, a direct Bank Wire Transfer, or even cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin on some occasions.
Now that you’ve made your deposit and set up your account, the only thing left to do is to start betting on motor racing and enjoy the races!
Top Offshore Motor Racing Sites
As we said earlier, betting on motor races is a very different aspect of the gambling experience. Therefore, finding a motor racing betting site that is up to what we consider a good sportsbook might take a little bit of looking-around. When searching for a online sportsbook, we look for reliability, customer service standards and reputation in the industry.
We equally focus on having a decent selection of options, however, such as F1 betting, MotoGP betting, and general motorsport betting options. The following 4 sportsbooks are the online sportsbooks that we recommend for betting on motor racing:
Bookmaker – Bookmaker is one of the great choices if you are looking to place a motor racing bet. If there’s a race going on in the world, you can rest assured that Bookmaker.eu has it covered. Their racing options are available right under ‘sports,’ so don’t confuse yourself with going over to the ‘racebook,’ which focuses on horses and greyhounds.
On Bookmaker, you can place various bets, including Formula 1 Futures as well as Moto GP Pick Winner. Bet on your favorite teams, whether that is Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull or someone else.
BetOnline.ag– Auto racing is big at BetOnline.ag and if you are looking to never miss an event from the motor sports’ world, this sportsbook is the right pick for you. BetOnline.ag offers some tempting and awesome bonus options, and a variety of events, including NASCAR, Monster Cup, NASCAR Trucks, Formula 1, and more. Bet on the Formula 1 2019 Drivers Championship or the Singaporean Grand Prix, and any new events that people look forward to!
MyBookie – Enter MyBookie, a champion of its own when it comes to motor sports. This sportsbook provides you with great betting options for motor racing betting. You get to pick from a long list of events, such as the INDYCAR SERIES, F1 Drivers Championship, NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR Trucks and more.
Intertops– Intertops.eu is another viable pick for real money bets on motor sports. You can start betting immediately by picking any of the available events, including San Marino MotoGP 2019, 2019 NASCAR Cup Series Championship, and F1 Drivers Championship.
Types of Motor Racing Bets
Betting on motor racing is somewhat different than other sports in the fact that you are, in most cases, betting on the finishing position of a driver. That being said, there are some other forms of wagering that we will discuss. Most of the online sportsbooks will offer the following type of wagers for Motor Racing:
- Winner Bets – Winner bets are simply a wager on a driver to win the specific race.
- Top 3 Finish – A top 3 finish bet is a wager on a particular driver to finish in the top 3 of the race. These type of bets usually have smaller odds because you stand to get paid on any finish in the top 3.
Head to Heads – Head to Head wagers are a bet on one driver to finish higher than another driver. These wagers are usually odds based and the winner is determined by their finishing position in the race.
- Prop Bets – Many sportsbooks will offer various prop bets to wager such as who will lead most laps, how many yellow flags, over/under total cautions and specific driver props such as how many cars they will pass and how many laps they will lead.
- Outright winners – Future bets are very common in motor racing betting, and you will often be given an opportunity to bet on the outcome of F1, NASCAR, and MotoGP events well ahead of schedule.
Motor Racing Betting Odds & Lines
Depending on the race, lines and odds are published in a specific way. A good reference point, however, would be NASCAR. NASCAR betting odds are usually released in a two step phase.Initially, the information becomes available about a week prior to the actual race.
Online sportsbooks will determine their lines and odds and post a preliminary line to get you started. Then, after the practice session and qualifying laps, online sportsbooks will usually tinker around and post up new odds and lines, taking into considerations the drivers qualifying position and how their car looked at practice rounds.
Live Betting on Motor Racing
There really aren’t any ways to bet on motor racing using the live betting platform. live betting is set up so that you can wager on a sport after it has already started. But with NASCAR races, once the start of the race occurs, there really isn’t any bets that can be played.
Motor Racing Betting Strategy
Motor Racing can be a very difficult sport to be successful in because of the variable issues that can occur during a race – with both the track, the driver or a car. Having a strategy that can prove effective is always recommended. Knowing the basics of the sports is the most important aspect of your success but having the common strategies that the experts utilize to bet on motor sports can be equally worth their weight in gold! Below, we have listed the top 3 strategies that we recommend when betting on motor racing.
- Study Track History – Different drivers do better at certain tracks and conversely, some drivers do terribly at certain tracks. This is why it will greatly benefit you to study track history for each track, each week, to find the inside edge on driver/team advantages at certain tracks.
- Pay Attention To Practice Sessions– NASCAR is one of the few sports that you get to actually watch a practice session of. Drivers will get their chance to put their car on the track and see how fast their car can go on that specific track. If you notice that a driver is struggling with one particular track, common sense tells you to avoid that driver when placing your bets.
- Pay Attention To Streaks– In NASCAR betting, it is wise to pay attention to streaky drivers, both good and bad! It is not uncommon to see a driver win 2 or 3 races in a small timeframe. It is also not uncommon to see a driver finish out of the money several races in a row. Most of the time, this stems from the driver’s car having an internal issue that prevents them from doing well or conversely their car is really running really well and helping them finish in the money.
3 Advanced Motor Racing Betting Tips
We have shared with you the three basic strategies that we recommend to get you started. Those strategies are here to give you some basic knowledge so you aren’t betting blindly. Now, we are going to dig a little deeper and share with you some more in-depth strategies that can prove useful and help you increase your winning percentage, and put a few extra dollars back in your pocket.
- Avoid The “Big Name” Bet – Each week, the big names will get huge amounts of money bet on them for no other reason than people knowing who they are. In 2017, Dale Earnhardt Jr had one of his worst years on the track but he was also one of the most wagered on drivers in NASCAR. Why? Because casual fans had an idea of who Mr. Earnhardt was.That being said, Earnhardt did not win a single race in 2017 so he truly was a waste of money to bet!
- Don’t Be Afraid To Pass On A Race – There are many times when it is most beneficial to a motor racing fan to completely avoid betting on a particular race. Often, with the superspeedways and tracks that are known for large accidents, it simply is too risky to wager. It is for that reason that we suggest you learn which races to skip so you don’t waste your money.
- Know The Crew Chiefs Early In Season – Early in the season, you will find that many drivers have new crew chiefs. There is a learning curve that comes along with new teams and that can cause issues early on. There is a reason why certain drivers, that have worked with their crew chiefs for many years, are very successful early on in the season.
Motor Racing Betting Picks
Betting on motor racing is a different activity than most other sports wagers you can place. Unlike other sports, betting on motor racing is singling out a driver/vehicle and playing the odds. The issue is each driver/vehicle has their specialties and on a race track, anything can happen. A car can come over and clip the front of a competitor’s car, a vehicle can blow an engine, drivers can underestimate the fuel consumption and run out on the last lap.
There are a ton of variables that go into selecting a reliable play each week and in many instances, it sometimes is a good idea to rely on a secondary betting service. A betting service can provide you with information, track data, driver/crew info and recent form. There are also services that provide you with paid selections, as well as free plays. Whichever form of plays you decide to use, make sure you do your due diligence to make sure that the service you are using is reputable and is experienced in the industry.
Mobile betting has become one of the most popular forms of betting, using an online sportsbook. Mobile betting gives you the ability to wager on motor racing without the need to be at a computer. With mobile betting platforms, you simply need a wifi connection and the ability to go online from a mobile device such as a cell phone or tablet.
Two of our top rated and recommended mobile betting platforms are Bookmaker and MyBookie. Both of these online sportsbooks allow you to wager on motor racing on a mobile device and utilize their service without any lag or interruption.
Motor Racing Leagues to Bet On
The top motor racing league to bet on is NASCAR. NASCAR has been around since 1948, when it was founded by Bill France Sr. Many people are unaware of this fact, but NASCAR has the second largest TV rating for a sport in the United States, only second to the NFL. Many of the online sportsbooks will also offer betting on Formula 1 racing as well as Moto GP betting options, which are also covered fairly well by the bookmakers.
The NASCAR season starts in February and runs through the month of November. There are 38 races during the season and each race can be bet on at most online sportsbooks. There are actually only 36 races that are in the season but there are also the All-Star Race and the Bud Shootout, so we count 38 all together.
Other than that, there is the F1 World Championship Series, which are packed with a number of events all year round. There are around 20-odd races in the F1 World Championship every year, with the dates made available on the official F1 website. The races are sponsored by different parties such as Rolex, Mercedes-Benz, and there are a number of Grand Prix events worth your while.
The MotoGP circuit is just as busy with 18 races scheduled for 2019. Once again, the official calendar is available at the organization’s website. In 2020, Moto GP expects to host even more events in 22 different locations, giving all motor racing betting enthusiasts among you a fair chance to bet on their favorite sport!
Biggest Events to Bet On
The biggest event to bet on in NASCAR is without a doubt, the Daytona 500. The Daytona 500 kicks off the official NASCAR season and is one of the most watched races of the year. The Daytona 500 has been around since 1959, and has always been hosted at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida.