Finding a sportsbook that is respected and reliable should be your main priority from the very beginning. In this day and age, there are as many great sportsbooks as their are sportsbooks with less integrity. That is why it is of utmost importance that you do your due diligence to find a reliable online sportsbook.
In addition to finding a sportsbook that is reliable and respected, you also have to look into the details with each sportsbook to make sure they offer more than just simple golf wagering.
Here are our top 3 online sports betting sites for golf:
Top 3 Golf Betting Sites
- Very generous bonus payment system
- Bonus codes for every major event
- Mobile compatible and accessible
- 1 Top 3 Golf Betting Sites
- 2 BetOnline
- 3 SportsBetting.ag
- 4 Intertops
- 5 Respect the Game
- 6 Head to Head
- 7 Reputations
- 8 Golf Betting Guide
- 9 Four Steps to Start Betting on Golf
- 10 Types of Golf Bets
- 11 Golf Betting Odds & Lines
- 12 Live Betting on Golf
- 13 Golf Betting Strategy
- 14 3 Advanced Golf Betting Tips
- 15 Golf Betting Picks
- 16 Mobile Betting
- 17 The Season
- 18 Golf Leagues to Bet On
- 19 Biggest Events to Bet On
Over the last 20 years, the popularity of golf and the PGA Tour has been on a bit of a rollercoaster and it’s pretty easy to see who is directly responsible for these spikes and lulls in public interest. Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time in many regards. People can participate in the Tiger vs. Big Jack argument all they like, but you’ll never be able to deny Tiger’s influence over golf’s entire landscape.
From viewership to sponsorship to prize money to public course green fees, Tiger built modern golf into what it is. And now, after a few years off for various types of injuries and shenanigans, Tiger is back and so is the public’s interest. Since we’re talking about one thing leading to another, where there is public interest comes gambling and gambling on golf is at an all-time high.
Sports gambling is enjoying its most profitable days as well. Online sports gambling site have made wagering on any game as easy as pointing and clicking. Sportsbooks are everywhere and with a recent Supreme Court decision, there are even more in the works. Thanks to Tiger and the internet, betting on golf is easier than ever and sports gamblers are taking advantage.
But which site should you use? Out of the hundreds of places to lay a golf wager, where should you? Finding the right site is as important to your wager as Tiger is to TV ratings and it should be considered seriously. Not to worry, follow these simple pointers to find the best site for all of your golf and PGA Tour action.
Respect the Game
As mentioned, online gambling sites are a dime a dozen nowadays. However, buyer beware as some of these are not worth your time, money, or action and this can be true for many reasons. Slow payouts, lack of bonuses, limited wagers, or even limited sports. When looking for an online gambling site for golf, look for sites that take golf bets seriously.
They should offer wagers on every PGA event and most the European Tour as well. They should carry contests and bonuses specifically for the big golf events like the majors or the Ryder Cup. They should have multiple types of wagers over the standard PGA Tour event future. Features such as these will clue you in as to what kind of online sportsbook you are using. If it is difficult to lay a wager in a sportsbook, any sportsbook, that is not the sportsbook for you.
Head to Head
One of the golf wagers you should look for on any online sportsbook is the Head to Head wager. For every event, PGA or otherwise, the good oddsmakers in the good sportsbooks will offer a Head to Head wager featuring two of the golfers playing in the tournament. These wagers are a lot of fun and becoming very popular amongst sports gamblers.
While the obvious golf wager and also its most popular is to pick the winner of the tournament at specific odds, the Head to Head wager adds some more intrigue for good golf fans. Like any team sport, this wagers pits two golfers against each other, not the field. Their final numbers are the only ones to matter over the course of the four day tournament. Tiger vs. Phil, DJ vs Fowler, Sergio vs Rory. There are good matchups featuring good odds and the avid golf fan can make good money.
As mentioned, the online sportsbook industry has been flooded with hundreds of new sites taking on as much action as they can, in every way they can. Of course, not everyone of these sites are on the up-and-up. Some are money traps which are just out to grab as much money as they can from players risking their wallets in the unregulated blackmarket of online sports gambling.
They make big promises but then they refuse to pay, or they freeze the accounts of successful players, or they will hit you with so many fees, you’ll never be able to withdraw your hard-earned cash. That said, many online gambling sites are legit sportsbooks and they have a track record to prove it. They offer all the sports and wagers you like. They have bonuses and special offers to reward strong players. They make sure people are paid as soon as possible upon request.
These sites do exist, it’s just up to you to find them. Luckily, word travels fast in the online sports gambling world so there is plenty of information about every site available on the web. A little digging around will do you good. Do a little research when you find an online sportsbook you like. Avoiding a site with a bad reputation is well worth the time and, more importantly, the money.
Golf Betting Guide
Betting on golf has become one of the most popular sports to place wagers on and is also one of the most profitable if you’re lucky enough to hit a few winners. Betting on golf has been around for many years and now, most online sportsbooks offer many different aspects of wagering on golf.
Four Steps to Start Betting on Golf
- The first thing you need to do prior to wagering on golf is finding an offshore sportsbook to sign up for an account (with a bonus). Before you open an online betting account, make sure you find out if they offer wagering on golf. Most of your respected sportsbooks will offer golf wagering but make sure they offer it on a weekly basis and for most of your tours.
- The next step is signing up at the offshore sportsbook. When you sign up with a sportsbook, the process is very easy. Usually, you can completely sign up for an account, make your deposit and be gambling in under 10 minutes.
- After you sign up, deposit funds into your account so you will be rewarded with your new account bonuses and be able to wager in the same day.
- The final step is to simply log on and place your golf wagers. If you follow these simple and easy steps, you will be wagering on golf in less than 10 minutes!
Types of Golf Bets
Golf wagering is a little different than betting on football, baseball or basketball in the sense that with those other sports, you can parlay several plays to gain an advantage on odds but with golf, there is only one winner and your goal is to pick that winner! Below is a list of different types of bets that you can place on golf.
- Outright Winner – These type of bets are who you think will win the golf tournament. They usually have odds associated with them and your return on investment is based on those odds.
- Matchup Winner – Matchups are between two golfers and usually have either a stroke handicap or odds. You can usually play them both ways and your winnings are based on the odds for each.
- First Round Leader Bets – These bets are based on who you think will be the tournament leader at the end of round 1.
- Top 5 Finish Bets – These are exactly what they sound like. With these, you are not necessarily trying to find a winner, but rather a golfer that will hit in the top 5.
Golf Betting Odds & Lines
Golf odds and spreads usually come out on the Monday prior to the tournament. Odds makers usually wait until after they find out how each golfer did the week prior and also what golfers will be participating in that week’s tournament. You can also find future wagers that can be played for the larger major tournaments, and those odds can be found as early as 2-3 weeks ahead of the event.
Live Betting on Golf
Live Betting is a means of wagering during the event to sort of bet on a golfer that starts playing well, after the tournament has already started. For example, a golfer may play in round 1 early in the morning and there may be a windstorm during that time. If that golfer was one of your top golfers, he may now be at a disadvantage because he got caught playing in the storm. In situations like this, it benefits you to play that golfer with adjusted odds on Live Betting. Live Betting is available through many of the online sportsbooks and when used appropriately can help curb your losses.
Golf Betting Strategy
When you first start wagering on golf, you will notice little things to look for that can help your gambling game. There are many aspects of the game of golf that need to be considered but many things remain the same at each course. It is highly recommended that you find a strategy that works for your style of gambling and you stick with it.
There are two real factors of golf that you should consider each and every tournament. These two factors are definitely the most important items you need to take into consideration when doing your research.
- Current Form – Current Form is how a golfer is playing at the point in time. Most experts will look at the last 5 golf tournaments and determine where they are finishing in the tournament. If Golfer A has played in 5 tournaments and has finished in 6th, 9th, 3rd, 2nd and 10th place and then Golfer B has finished in 27th, 39th, 74th, 23rd and 19th place, Golfer A would be in much better form. If a golfer is routinely missing cuts, you would best be advised to avoid playing that golfer.
- Course History – Course History is basically how a golfer does at the location he is playing at. Many golfers will play better at certain golf courses and terrible at others. There are many reasons for this but many experts will tell you to check course history mainly to see how the golfer plays at the particular golf course.
3 Advanced Golf Betting Tips
As we said earlier, betting of golf can be very tough but can also be very profitable for bettors. We have listed three advanced betting tips that we feel can help guide you to picking winners more often. These betting tips are based on experience and used by experts in the industry.
- Factor In Weather – Betting on golf is usually a last minute ordeal as many bettors wait as long as possible and as close as possible, to the tee off time to make their selections. Things change and various factors, such as weather, can affect the tournament therefore many bettors will wager at the last moment. It is highly recommended that you wait as long as possible so that you can factor in weather into your decision on wagering a golfer. Some golfers play great in bad weather and some golfers hate playing in bad weather. Find out who plays well in bad weather and use it to your advantage!
- Never Play Golfers Off Injury – Golfers that are recovering from injuries are more prone to withdraw from the tournament early and therefore, we recommend that you do not play golfers who have recently had a injury. Many golfers are under a sponsorship and are required to enter golf tournaments. That being said, just because they enter the tournament, does not mean they will play in the tournament. Many golfers will withdraw with injury from tournaments that they are required to by sponsorship, when they are not healthy.
- Use Course Factors – Each golf course is strategically designed with factors to benefit certain styles. Designers will use various grass on greens, fairways and hazards to cater to golf styles. You would not want to play a golfer that is a short ball striker on a golf course that measures in excess of 7500 yards and you would not want to use a golfer that can’t put at a golf course that uses fast greens like Augusta.
Golf Betting Picks
Over the past 10 years, betting on golf has increased drastically and now, people all over the world are placing wagers on golf tournaments. With odds sometimes being very heavy and favorable towards the gambler, many golf handicappers have began opening services that provide bettors with free plays and service/paid plays.
As with any service, be sure to do your due diligence and research a handicapper prior to using their plays. Golf can be one of the most complicated sports to wager on but it can also be the most profitable if played right. Therefore, you need to make sure you are getting picks from a reliable source that can provide you enough winners over the course of time to pay off the service.
Betting golf has never been so easy as it is nowadays as you can wager from the comfort of your own home, directly from your mobile devices. That means that you can either download an online sportsbook app or log on directly from your mobile device and wager directly from the device.
We have all had those moments when we were out with family or friends and unable to get to a computer so you can wager a few dollars on a golfer that is really playing hot! You scurry around trying to figure ways to wager on the golfer but get cut off because you don’t make it home in time to get your wager in.
With Mobile Betting, you no longer need to worry about making it home by a certain time or making sure you are near a computer. As long as you have your cellular phone or mobile device, you have access to your account and can wager anywhere, at anytime!
Golf is a sport that can be found year around. The bulk of the PGA season runs from October to September, with the FedExCup Championship ending around the third week in September. The European Tour usually starts around the first week of December and runs concurrent with the PGA Tour, ending around the third weekend in November. The major’s and the WGC Tournaments are held throughout the year on predetermined dates.
Golf Leagues to Bet On
There is really two major leagues that you can wager on with golf. The most well known golf league in the United States is called The PGA Tour. The PGA Tour events are held in the United States and consist of only men.
The second most well known golf leagues that you can bet on is the European Tour. The European Tour also consists of only men and is played mostly in Europe but they also schedule events in Asia, Africa and occasionally the United States.
There is a third league that you can wager on but most people consider it a combination of the PGA Tour and the European Tour. The World Golf Championships holds four tournaments each year and the best golfers in the world play in their tournaments due to the prize structure running very similar to the major championships.
Biggest Events to Bet On
The biggest events to bet on are the Men’s Major Golf Championships. Currently, there are four majors you can wager on throughout the year. The Masters Tournament is held at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia in April, on the weekend ending 2nd Sunday. The second major of the year is usually the US Open, which is held at various locations predetermined by the USGA. The US Open is held in the third week in June or Father’s Day Weekend (third Sunday of June).
The third major of the year is The Open Championship, which is held in July (whichever week contains the third Sunday in July), and is played at one of ten links style golf courses in the United Kingdom. The final major of the year is the PGA Championship, which is held on the third weekend in August, prior to Labor Day. The PGA Championship is held at various locations determined by the PGAA.