New Jersey currently has the largest online sports betting market in the US. The Garden State legalized online sportsbooks in 2018, and the industry has been flourishing since. The NJ sports betting market features many online bookies, and that number will only continue to grow in the future.
New Jersey sports betting generated more than $10.6 billion in just two years, covering a third of all sports wagers placed in the US. Nowadays, the Garden State is known as a betting powerhouse in the States.
Still, some people might not be satisfied with the current selection of NJ sports betting opportunities. If you find yourself among them, you should know that alternatives exist. This article will discuss offshore sportsbooks — international betting platforms operating outside the US jurisdiction. So, if you want to learn more about offshore betting, keep on reading!
Here are our top online sports betting sites for US players in New Jersey:
Top 5 New Jersey Online Sports Betting Sites
- Very generous bonus payment system
- Bonus codes for every major event
- Mobile compatible and accessible
- 1 Top 5 New Jersey Online Sports Betting Sites
- 2 BetOnline
- 3 Bovada
- 4 SportsBetting.ag
- 5 BetUS
- 6 MyBookie
- 7 Is It Legal to Bet on Offshore Sportsbooks From New Jersey?
- 8 Why Are Offshore Betting Sites Better
- 9 Different Types of Bets You Can Make
- 10 Popular Sports Betting Markets in New Jersey
- 11 Different New Jersey Events You Can Bet on
- 12 FAQ
Is It Legal to Bet on Offshore Sportsbooks From New Jersey?
Offshore betting sites are neither legal nor illegal — they are in a so-called gray area. Given that federal laws still haven’t criminalized offshore betting sites, NJ bettors can sign up and bet on various sports offered on these betting platforms.
No one has ever been arrested or charged with a crime for using an offshore site for sports betting.
Why Are Offshore Betting Sites Better
Although New Jersey sports betting platforms offer plenty of options and exciting opportunities, offshore sportsbooks still have the upper hand for a couple of reasons. The list of advantages presented below should help you understand why international offshore bookies are the better choice.
Take a look:
- Offshore sportsbooks offer larger and more attractive bonus offers for anyone who signs up.
- Customers can place bets anonymously in a secure gambling environment.
- The number of offshore sports betting sites is more significant.
- They boast a wide range of secure and reliable payment providers.
- These platforms provide you with more features, such as in-play betting, live streaming, etc.
Different Types of Bets You Can Make
As mentioned earlier, offshore bookies offer more betting opportunities, markets, and events than the local sites. Despite being independent, offshore sites still compete with one another. One of the ways to stand out from the competition is to provide bettors with various betting options.
Since you can place wagers on dozens of sporting events, you can choose between various bets. Below, you’ll see the most common bet types available in offshore bookmakers:
- Moneyline — This is the most common and simplest bet type that requires players to predict a specific event’s winner.
- Parlay — This wager requires you to bet on two or more events. You’ll also receive the payout only if all selections win.
- Futures — As the name suggests, you bet on a player or a team to win a match or a championship before it even starts. For instance, you can bet on a team to win the Super Bowl before or during the NFL season.
- Point spread — The bettor backs a team to win by a certain number of points or goals. They can choose between the favorite or the underdog.
- Over/under — A bet where you predict if the final score will be over or under the total number of points/goals teams score during a game or a match.
- In-play — Betting on an event once it has already started.
Popular Sports Betting Markets in New Jersey
The great thing about offshore sportsbooks is that they offer endless betting opportunities, allowing NJ players to wager on any sport, including major events happening in the US.
Therefore, if you sign up with an offshore bookie, you’ll still have a chance to bet on the following events — NBA, MLB, NFL, NCAA, and NHL. Additionally, these sites provide wagers on other popular sports, such as tennis, golf, handball, motorsports, volleyball, etc.
Different New Jersey Events You Can Bet on
Although you can follow all major leagues on offshore betting sites, you can also back your favorite NJ team. For instance, when the NHL season starts, you can bet on New Jersey Devils and root for them to win.
If you follow the New York teams that play in New Jersey, you could bet on them too. The NFL has not one but two NY teams — New York Jets and New York Giants, and you can wager on either to take the trophy.
If you’re not a fan of these sports, offshore bookies will still provide you with more than enough exciting events happening all over the world. That way, you can bet on a different sport every day.
There isn’t a federal or state law prohibiting offshore betting, meaning New Jersey bettors are more than welcome to wager on sports through both local and offshore sportsbooks. The main reason is that these sportsbooks are international and don’t fall under NJ jurisdiction.
Offshore sportsbooks are platforms operating on an international level. They cater to bettors worldwide, including those from the US. Offshore betting sites are popular in countries where online betting isn’t legal, like in some US states.
However, even though online sports betting is legal in New Jersey, some players prefer using offshore platforms to wager on various sporting events.
Unfortunately, not every offshore sports betting site is secure. However, if you come across a well-known international bookie, you can have an exciting and safe betting experience.
When looking for a new offshore bookie, you should always go for the ones with valid gambling licenses and additional security layers, like SSL encryption and firewalls that will protect you and your data.
With the growing betting market in New Jersey, the number of top-notch sportsbooks is on the rise. The best sportsbooks available to US players in New Jersey are DraftKings, PointsBet, William Hill, BetMGM, FanDuel, 888sport, Unibet, etc.
As long as you’re betting in a renowned offshore platform and use a safe payment provider to make transactions, your financial information and personal data will be safe. It’s perfectly normal to be worried about leaving your sensitive information online, but you will be protected if you use a secure offshore bookie.