SOCCER BETTING GUIDE
Betting on soccer has been a long standing form of entertainment since the 1920’s. Soccer betting started with fans at soccer matches standing outside stadiums and wagering on the game using the ticket or pool system. A bettor would place a wager and would be given a piece of the ticket or pool in return for the bet. If the bettor won his or her play, they would return the portion of the ticket or pool and would be compensated for the win.
Times have changed and those days are well in the past! Soccer bets can now be placed from the comforts of our own homes using offshore sports books. We will explain in detail later on the steps on betting but placing a wager on a soccer match, both here in the United States and also overseas!
TOP 5 SOCCER BETTING SITES
FOUR STEPS TO START BETTING ON SOCCER
- The first thing you need to so you can bet on Soccer is find an offshore sportsbook and sign up for an account. There are hundreds, if not thousands of online offshore sportsbooks that you can wager from but we will caution you to be very careful with who you choose and do your homework prior to opening an account. Be sure you are going with a respected sportsbook that is considered one of the top soccer online sports betting sites.
- The next step is signing up at the offshore sportsbook. For the most part, online sportsbook cashiers are waiting to help with most of your online needs but ideally, you can set up an account by yourself by simply going on their site and filling out a few quick questions. The questions take just a few minutes and you will be ready to make your deposit.
- After you sign up, the next step is funding into your account. With most sportsbooks, you can use a credit card to get started, or now you can use Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the ideal form of making deposits and withdrawing funds because it is safe, private and secure.
- The final step is to simply log on to your online sportsbook and place your soccer wagers.
TOP OFFSHORE SOCCER SITES
We can’t emphasize enough the importance of finding the right online sportsbook for betting soccer. There are hundreds, if not thousands of sportsbooks that will take your money but over time, we’ve found that not all of them are as reliable for paying your their money when you win. Nothing is worse than wagering on a soccer match, winning a significant amount of money and finding out that the offshore online sportsbook has a bad reputation with payouts. This is why it is of utmost importance to make sure you find and play sportsbooks that are respected in the community and those that are considered quality sportsbooks.
Below, we will list our top four online sportsbooks for betting on soccer. There are many other sportsbooks that we recommend for other sports but for strictly betting on soccer, we find that these are the best!
- Bookmaker - One of the longest running online sportsbooks that offers soccer wagering is Bookmaker. Bookmaker has been around for over 30 years and have a very good reputation in the industry. With Bookmaker, you can be certain that your winnings will be paid out in a timely manner. We have experience with Bookmaker for many years and they rank among the highest of all online sportsbooks.
- GT Bets - When it comes to getting a wide variety of available soccer matchups, there is no one better than GT Bets. GT Bets offers soccer from all over the world and with competitive offs. At GT Bets, you can wager in the US, as well as over 50 countries around the world! The truly are a class act and offer you the best variety in soccer betting.
- Intertops - One of the best options to have with betting soccer is a future lines. Many soccer games will be played over a period of time, especially in big “Cup” series and Intertops offers many of the games well in advance of other online sportsbooks. They offer a wide variety of plays all over the world and have the experience in the industry to provide you with the highest quality customer service available.
- BetOnline -The final online sportsbook we would like to mention is BetOnline.ag. BetOnline is player driven and even have a slogan of “Focus on the Player”. They are focused on providing their client high end customer service for all of your soccer betting needs. They have one of the best and cleanest websites available for betting soccer and very easy to use.
TYPES OF SOCCER BETS
As with any sport, betting on a soccer game isn’t just picking a team and placing a certain amount of money on them. There are several different options for bets that you can play on the sport. Below, we will list some available options for betting on soccer at any of the various online sportsbooks.
- Match Result - These are the most common wagers, based on whether a team will win or draw.
- Total Play - Total plays are a wager in which you bet on whether the game will go over or under a certain amount of goals.
- Handicap Wagers - A handicap wager is an adjusted line with various odds.
- Correct Score Wager - A correct score wager is where the player picks the actual final score, based against odds.
- Half Time Result Wagers - These are wagers that are determined by the score at halftime.
- First/Last Scorer - These wagers are based on a specific player scoring either first or last in the game.
- Live Scoring -
- Next Team To Score - A live scoring prop bet that allows you to pick who will score the next goal.
- Next Player To Score - A live scoring prop bet that allows you to pick what player will score the next goal.
SOCCER BETTING ODDS & LINES
The odds of the soccer game are usually released several days in advance of the game. Many times the odds will be released and then advanced information such as lineups, starters, weather and other info will cause the lines to either go up or down.
LIVE BETTING ON SOCCER
On many of the online sportsbooks, you can now bet soccer matches that have already begun and this is a tremendous asset for soccer. As you probably already know, when a underdog scores a goal first, the chances of them winning the match is much stronger than prior to the start of the match. When this happens, most online sportsbooks will increase the odds out of fear of losing too much money with the underdog winning. This is a great time to put the odds in your favor and win some extra money.
Live Betting is available at many of the online sportsbooks. The two sportsbooks that we recommend for Live Betting are Bookmaker and Bovada. Both of these online sportsbooks have dedicated servers and web pages focused on Live Betting.
SOCCER BETTING STRATEGY
No matter what sport you bet on, finding a strategy that works is the most important aspect of betting. Once you figure out what works for you and your style of betting, you will start making the sport of betting soccer more of a investment than a form of entertainment. Below are 3 strategies that we recommend using while betting soccer.
- Watch For Home Teams - Soccer stadiums fill with thousands of people for the smallest matchups so as you can figure, home field plays a huge part in Soccer.
- Find Your Best Odds - With Soccer, more than other sports, you will see odds ranging small and large. You can look at one online sports website and find them -120 then you can look at another website and find that same team at +150. There is no real reason why this happen other than one website has more money laid on that specific team, so of course to even out their payout, they need to raise the odds on that team.
- Leave Your Emotions At Home - Many times, we see bettors bet on their home team or favorite team simply because of the emotional attachment they have with the team. This is the single biggest mistake a bettor can do. My rule of thumb is to completely avoid wagering on matches that my home town team or favorite team is playing in.
3 ADVANCED SOCCER BETTING TIPS
Some of the most advanced Soccer betting tips that we feel is the most important to your success are found in this section of this Soccer betting guide. These tips are suggestions from experiences from within. They are not the end all, be all, but rather some advanced suggestions on what has worked for many of the experts within the industry.
- Don’t Blindly Bet Home Teams Simply Because They Are Home - Soccer stadiums fill up with thousands of people, even for the smallest matchups, so as you can imagine, home field plays a huge part in most Soccer matchups. Bookmakers are well aware of this fact and usually put a heavy emphasis with the odds in favor of the home team. But what happens when a team is under heavy pressure from the home fans and sort of choke? There are many times that this happens and if you are on the opposite side, you can greatly pad your bankroll. Look for those teams that are playing home, that have a tendency to lose under pressure!
- Consider Betting Draw - There truly are not many games that end up as a draw but when they do, the odds are usually much stronger than playing a team to win outright. If you are luck enough to be on draw on a day it happens, you stand to increase that bankroll.
- Become An Expert At One League - There are hundreds of leagues that you can bet on but it would be nearly impossible to learn everything about each one. Therefore, you should pick one league and become an expert in that league. Learn what you can about the team, the management, the players, their hot stats, where they play good, where they don’t play so well, etc. And most of all, don’t play the leagues that you aren’t familiar with, just to have a bet laid in a game! Don’t be afraid to pass on a game! Your bankroll will thank you!
SOCCER BETTING PICKS
Betting on Soccer can be tough and unless you have one of the above stated strategies mastered, it can be costly. There are times throughout the year that Soccer is available in Europe and you may not know too much about the teams and players. When times like these happen, it is great to have a professional service that you can lean on to provide you with quality picks.
Whether you decided to use a paid service or a free play service, do your homework and make sure you are choosing a service that is reliable. In this day and age, there are thousands of people that call themselves “handicappers” but only a chosen few are reliable to actual sustain long term reliability in the industry.
Mobile devices have made it easier to wager online using a cell phone or tablet. Several of the online sportsbooks now offer apps and the ability to wager online using a mobile device. This makes betting on soccer available not only when you are in front of your computer at your house, but pretty much wherever you are at anytime.
The two top online sportsbooks that we recommend for mobile betting are MyBookie and GT Bets. Both of these online sportsbooks allow you to bet from anywhere and anytime! Both of these platforms offer Soccer on their mobile betting platform.
SOCCER LEAGUES TO BET ON
There are several different leagues in which you can wager on with Soccer. Soccer is broken down into various leagues, usually by location. Each country around the world has some sort of league that has either club leagues or local leagues that are formed to make up the national teams.
Just a few of the leagues to mention that are more popular are the English Premier League, Major League Soccer, various UEFA Leagues, La Liga, CONCACAF, and FIFA. Each of these leagues will attract thousands of people to watch in some way, shape or form and just as many will enjoy the ability to bet on at online sportsbooks.
The Soccer season really varies depending on what league you are talking about. For the most part, you can find some sort of soccer league, around the world, to bet on. Soccer is one of the best sports to wager on because it doesn’t matter what month you are in, you can find a soccer league to play!
The English Premier League regular season runs from the beginning of August through May. MLS or Major League Soccer regular season starts in March and runs through December. There are also leagues like FIFA, CONCACAF, various UEFA Leagues and La Liga.
BIGGEST EVENTS TO BET ON
The biggest event to bet on in Soccer, is without a doubt the FIFA World Cup. The FIFA World Cup originally came into existence in 1930 and takes place every four years, with the next World Cup taking place in 2018. There are hundreds of games that take place for the FIFA World Cup including the qualifying tournaments that lead up to the championship, which is awarded every four years.