MOTOR RACING BETTING GUIDE
Motor Racing betting has grown in popularity over the last few years with many of the online sportsbooks now offering various options for betting races. Motor Racing, such as NASCAR and Formula 1 Races, have been around since the 1950’s and up until recently, betting on a race was relatively unheard of. Those days have changed and now, you can bet on most races each weekend!
TOP 5 MOTOR RACING BETTING SITES
FOUR STEPS TO START BETTING ON MOTOR RACING
- The first step in being able to bet on Motor Racing is finding an online sportsbook. Now, finding a sportsbook is easy...finding one that is reliable in Motor Racing is an entire different story. Betting on Motor Racing is fairly new, only being around for the past 10 years. Therefore when you are looking for a sportsbook, make sure that they will provide you with the opportunity to wager different ways of betting, not just a winner of a race!
- Once you find a reliable online sportsbook, the next thing to do is sign up for an account. Opening an account is as easy as filling at some basic information such as name, date of birth, residential information and picking a logon name and password. Most times, signing up for an account can be completely done in just a few minutes.
- After you sign up for your online betting account, you will need to make a deposit to fund your account. Funding your account is very easy. Back in the old days, when you would want to make a deposit, you would need to run to a western union and wire money. That option is still available at most online sportsbooks but there are now more convenient ways of making a deposit such as using your major credit card, bank check and Bitcoin. Bitcoin has changed the way we make deposits in the sports betting industry. Bitcoin is a digital currency that is able to be transferred from account to account. Bitcoin is safe and secure and 100% confidential with encryption.
- Now that you’ve made your deposit and set up your account, the only thing left to do is begin betting on motor racing and enjoy the races!
TOP OFFSHORE MOTOR RACING SITES
As we said earlier, betting on motor races is a very unique aspect of gambling and not many online sportsbooks are considered acceptable to our standards. When looking for a online sportsbook, we look for reliability, customer service standards and reputation in the industry.
The following 4 sportsbooks are the online sportsbooks that we recommend for betting on motor racing:
- Bookmaker - When you are trying to wager on motor racing, one of the most frustrating things to deal with is websites that are hard to navigate. At Bookmaker, the website is clean, easy to use and pretty much self explanatory on how to place wagers. Bookmaker offers many different areas to wager with motor racing and are one of the top online sportsbooks with offering various nascar options.
- Bovada - Bovada has been in the industry for many years and was one of the first to offer motor racing betting. Bovada allows bettors to bet on a wide variety of prop bets, which have become one of the most popular wagers now available in motor racing wagering.
- MyBookie - MyBookie is another very reliable sportsbooks that we recommend for betting on motor racing. MyBookie offers bettors the ability to bet on not only Nascar, but also Formula 1. MyBookie offers very competitive odds on both race winners, as well as a wide variety of future bets.
- Intertops - Our final online sportsbook for motor racing is Intertops. Intertops has been in the industry for many years and are known for their reputation. These guys know how to treat a client and provide you with top notch customer service with each incident. Intertops offers many different types of bets for Nascar and Formula 1 and always have some of the greatest odds available on the market.
TYPES OF MOTOR RACING BETS
Betting on motor racing is somewhat different than other sports in the fact that you are, in most cases, betting on strictly the finishing position of a driver. That being said, there are some other forms of wagering that we will discuss. Most of the online sportsbooks will offer the following type of wagers for Motor Racing:
- Winner Bets - Winner Bets are exactly what they say, they are simply a wager on a driver to win the specific race.
- Top 3 Finish - A top 3 finish bet is a wager on a particular driver to finish in the top 3 of the race. These type of bets usually have smaller odds because you stand to get paid on any finish in the top 3.
- Head to Heads - Head to Head wagers are a bet on one driver to finish higher than another driver. These wagers are usually odds based and the winner is determined by finishing position in the race.
- Prop Bets - Many sportsbooks will offer various prop bets to wager such as who will lead most laps, how many yellow flags, over/under total cautions and specific driver props such as how many cars they will pass and how many laps they will lead.
MOTOR RACING BETTING ODDS & LINES
NASCAR betting odds are usually released in a two step phase. Initially, lines and odds are released about a week prior to the actual race. Online Sportsbooks will determine their lines and odds and post a preliminary line to get you started. Then, after the practice session and qualifying laps, online sportsbooks will usually remove all odds and post new odds, taking into considerations the drivers qualifying position and how their car looked in practice.
LIVE BETTING ON MOTOR RACING
There really aren’t any ways to bet on motor racing using the Live Betting platform. Live Betting is set up so that you can wager on a sport after it has already started. But with Nascar races, once the start of the race occurs, there really isn’t any bets that can be played.
MOTOR RACING BETTING STRATEGY
Motor Racing can be a very difficult sport to be successful in because of the variable issues that can factor into a race. Having a strategy that can prove effective is always recommended. Knowing the basics of the sports is the most important aspect of your success but having the common strategies that the experts utilize in their success, can be worth it’s weight in gold!
Below, we have listed the top 3 strategies that we recommend when betting on Motor Racing.
- Study Track History - Different drivers do better at certain tracks and conversely, some drivers do terrible at certain tracks. This is why it will greatly benefit you to study track history for each track, each week, to find the inside edge on driver/team advantages at certain tracks.
- Pay Attention To Practice Sessions - Nascar is one of the few sports that you get to actually watch a practice session of what will actually happen during the race. Drivers will get their chance to put their car on the track and see how fast their car is on that specific track. If you notice a driver is struggling with one particular track, common sense tells us to avoid that driver when placing your bets.
- Pay Attention To Streaks - In Nascar betting, it is wise to pay attention to streaky drivers, both good and bad! It is not uncommon to see a driver win 2 or 3 races in a small timeframe. It is also not uncommon to see a driver finish out of the money several races in a row. Most of the time, this stems from the driver's car having an internal issue that prevents them from doing well or conversely their car is really running really well and helping them finish in the money.
3 ADVANCED MOTOR RACING BETTING TIPS
We have shared with you the three basic strategies that we recommend to get you started. Those strategies are simply to give you some basic knowledge so you aren’t betting blindly. Now, we are going to dig a little bit deeper and share with you some more in-depth strategies that can prove to increase your winning percentage and put a few extra dollars back in your pocket.
- Avoid The “Big Name” Bet - Each week, the bigger name pro’s will get huge amounts of money bet on them simply, for no other reason than people know who they are. In 2017, Dale Earnhardt Jr had one of his worst years on the track but he was also one of the most wagered drivers in NASCAR simply because casual fans knew who he was and believed he was the best driver to bet on. That being said, Earnhardt did not win a single race in 2017 so he truly was a waste of money to bet!
- Don’t Be Afraid To Pass On A Race - There are many times when it is most beneficial to a gambler to completely avoid betting on a particular race. Many times with the Superspeedways and tracks that are known for large accidents, that it simply is too risky to wager. It is for that reason that we suggest you learning races to skip so you don’t waste your money.
- Know The Crew Chiefs Early In Season - Early in the season, you will find many drivers have new crew chiefs. There is a learning curve that comes along with new teams and that can cause issues early on. There is a reason why certain drivers, that have worked with their crew chiefs for many years, are very successful early on in the season.
MOTOR RACING BETTING PICKS
Betting on Motor Racing is a very unique way to gamble. Unlike other sports, betting on Motor Racing is singling out a driver/vehicle and playing the odds. The issue is each driver/vehicle has their specialties and on a race track, anything can happen. A car can come over and clip the front of competitor’s car, a vehicle can blow an engine, drivers can underestimate the fuel and run out on the last lap.
There are a ton of variables that go into selecting a reliable play each week and in many instances, it is best to rely on a secondary betting service. A betting service can provide you with information, track data, driver/crew info and recent form. There are also services that provide you with paid selections, as well as free plays. Whichever form of plays you decide to use, make sure you do your due diligence to make the service you are using is reputable and is experienced in the industry.
Mobile Betting has become one of the most popular forms of betting, using an online sportsbook. Mobile Betting gives you the ability to wager on motor racing, without needing to be at a computer. With mobile betting platforms, you simply need a wifi connection and the ability to go online from a mobile device such as a cell phone or tablet.
Two of our top rated and recommended mobile betting platforms are Bookmaker and MyBookie. Both of these online sportsbooks allow you to wager on motor racing on the mobile device and utilize their service without any lag or interruption.
MOTOR RACING LEAGUES TO BET ON
The top motor racing league to bet on is NASCAR. NASCAR has been around since 1948, when it was founded by Bill France Sr. Many people are unaware of this fact, but NASCAR has the second largest TV rating for a sport in the United States, only second to the NFL. Many of the online sportsbooks will also offer betting on Formula 1 racing.
The NASCAR season starts in February and runs through the month of November. There are 38 races during the season and each race can be bet on at most online sportsbooks. There are actually only 36 races that are in the season but there are also the All-Star Race and the Bud Shootout, so we count 38 all together.
BIGGEST EVENTS TO BET ON
The biggest event to bet on in NASCAR is without a doubt, the Daytona 500. The Daytona 500 kicks off the official NASCAR season and is one of the most watched races of the year. The Daytona 500 has been around since 1959, and has always been hosted at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida.